The nites are growing longer...
Fortnite in approaching the tail-end of Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 8 and players have had over a month and a half now to explore all the changes this season.
Now with the 18.40 update arriving TODAY, we're getting a nice influx of cool skins and cosmetics as well as in-game updates.
Here's all you need to know regarding Fortnite 18.40.
Fortnite 18.40 Update Release Date
Players can expect to see update 18.40 arrive on November 16th, 2021.
Epic has been maintaining the same formula when it comes to updates since Chapter 2 premiered over two year's ago, and it appears they aren't straying away from this formula for Season 8.
Here are the sizes from the last update:
- PS4 - 4.10GB
- PS5 - 2.6GB
- Xbox One - 2.9GB
- Xbox Series X/S - 3.5GB
- PC - 2.7 GB
- Switch - TBC
- Android - TBC
Game Update Available
- A new string has been added that says: "An update is available. Please close the game if you are ready to install the latest update. Night Night is the codename for the "to be continued" screen."
- New Naruto Themed Battle Bus
- New Fortnite Shadow Crew Bonus Styles
- New Pyramid at the central POI
- New FNCS Skin, Backbling and Music Pack
Naruto has been confirmed to be arriving into Fortnite on November 16, and will bring along the following skins.
As well, players will receive a unique backbling designated to each skins when these release. Check out all of the cosmetics below.
Here's the Fortnite x Naruto Shuppuden trailer.
Cosmetics added/updated for the Item Shop in v18.40 pic.twitter.com/UjeVrKVwQB— iFireMonkey (@iFireMonkey) November 16, 2021
the cube pyramid pic.twitter.com/NeMEuh2KIf— FortTory - Fortnite Leaks & News 🧊 (@FortTory) November 16, 2021
We're aware that two new NPCs are also joining the game called 'Ember' and 'Sledgehammer' - they will arrive on Apollo Island. Ember will sell 'The Dub' Exotic Shotgun.
Explosive Kunai Stats:
- Stack Size: 6
- Damage: 35
- Builds Damage: 200
The Fortnite Trello Board is a great place to keep up to date with the latest information on bug fixes. While some of these updates don't always get fixed in the upcoming update, it's a good indiactor as to what may be getting fixed and where the dev team is at.
Here's what's currently being investigated and is potentially being fixed in the next update:
- Impostors: Eliminated players cannot hear non-eliminated players during Discussion phase.
- Collection Book entries disappearing when using Performance mode
- Vehicles may desync when a player exits the vehicle
- Weapons may sometimes disappear form Chest and Supply Drops
- Multi-selecting and moving building to prop pieces will cause consistent misalignment
Save The World
- Campfires above level 130 are shown as 130
- Unable to swap Hero Loadouts in the Lobby while using a controller
- 4x Missions do not show the 4x rewards
- Players may become invisible to other players after respawning
Switch and Mobile