Day One Patch Is Here
Battlefield 2042 has finally hit players game libaries all around the world, and since it's been the first Battlefield to release in over three year's, players expectations were high.
With some glitchy bugs and other notable issues that players have had with the game since it was released to early access owners, EA is making some much needed fixes on day one.
Here's all the notes for the day one patch for Battlefield 2042.
Battlefield 2042 Day One Patch Notes
While most of you are aware that within any major release of a game, there's bound to be some problems wihtin the game, as nothing is perfect.
With this said, there's been some issues that have been plaguing Battlefield owners since it dropped on November 12 for early access players.
Now, EA are addressing these issues with the games first major updae and have noted they're planning more updates in the near future.
Below is an overview of all the changes EA are implementing on November 19 in preperation for the games full release and these can also be viewed here.
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Implemented Server Side upgrades that are targeted at reducing instances of Rubber Banding, often experienced in the later part of a round in All-Out Warfare modes.
Significantly reduced instances of stuttering when playing on Breakaway. If the Silo’s are destroyed, it should no longer reduce performance on the server.
- A note that we are continuing to investigate similar occurrences that have been reported to us on other maps.
- When looking at allies on your team, their names will now correctly display.
- Adjusted the animations for Falck during the End of Round sequence to ensure that she is displayed correctly.
- Updated a skin earnable for Boris via Mastery Progression with a new name: Gator.
- Ensured that TDM Rounds in Battlefield Portal always start with Random Deploy set as active. We observed that this sometimes wasn’t active when moving from round to round, but have now fixed this.
- Applied a set of measures that ensure the correct number of AI spawn in Custom Battlefield Portal modes using the Free for All preset.
- PC Only - Enabled Specialist Selection in Hazard Zone via mouse interaction, removing the need to lock in your selection with the Spacebar.
- Fixed a rare occurrence in Hazard Zone that would sometimes cause the End of Round flow to not activate correctly, ensuring that the correct amount of bonus XP was awarded.
- Repaired an issue found in Hazard Zone that could cause players to be shown on the Map when they were not visible, or spotted.
- Provided a fix for Hazard Zone players who were not seeing their Extraction Streaks updating correctly.