Into the Apex
Despite only being two years old, the game is a juggernaut in the FPS genre and a fan favourite across multiple platforms.
Season 9's Legacy update brought in the usual content - a new Legend, weapon, map changes and much more. Expect a similar serving of Apex content in this next update too.
Here's what we know about Season 10 of Apex Legends.
Loba Recolour Coming
The new Season is due to kick off on the 3rd August 2021.
This is determined by the end date for Season 9's Battle Pass.
- Instead of five ticks of damage per second, Caustic's gas will now increase in damage every other second (5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, etc.) with no limit on how much it can increase.
- The gas cloud created from Caustic's Nox Gas Grenade dissipates five seconds sooner.
- Cooldown on Tactical has been reduced 25s -> 20s.
- Ultimate cooldown has been reduced 3.5m -> 3m. Duration reduced from 20s -> 15s.
- Enemies will get an audible and visual indication when Death Totem's death protection is about to end, letting them know that Revenant and his allies are about to be vulnerable.
- Added a brief slow after being recalled to Death Totem.
- Horizon's ability to manoeuvre while in the air on her Gravity Lift is adjusting to be closer to how it was in Season 7, prior to her substantial nerfs in following seasons. It's not a total revert though.
- Reduced the slow after the initial Black Hole pull.
- Fuse's Knuckle Cluster will last twice as long, allowing him to deny areas for longer.
- Enemies caught in The Motherlode will be highlighted (even if they're in a building or behind a wall), making it easier for Fuse and his allies to plan their follow-up attack.
- Grenadier Passive can be toggled on and off to throw ordnance normally.
Weapon And Hop-Up Changes
Spitfire and Alternator rotating into Care Packages
- Spitfire will revert to its pre-nerfed state and Alternator will automatically come equipped with Disruptor Rounds
- You can now purchase the Prowler in Arenas
Anvil Recevier and Quick Draw will be removed from the game
- Quick Draw will be automatically implemented into pistols (to a lesser degree)
New Hop-up - Booster Loader
- This goes on the Hemlock and Wingman, making the guns reload faster and get bonus ammo if reloaded at the right time.
Fully Kitted Rotation
- Added: Peacekeeper, Rampage, RE-45, Flatline, and Charge Rifle
- Removed: Wingman, Bocek, R99, Hemlock, and Sentinel
L-STAR will now take barrel stabilizers and extended energy magazines
- Higher level energy mags will increase the time it takes to overheat and will cause it to cool faster.
- Now take Barrels for recoil reduction.
- Projectile VFX scale reduced by roughly half.
- First-Person on-hit impact effect intensity reduced.
- Hipfire spread increased.
EVA-8 fire-rate when shotgun bolts equipped will be nerfed
- Reload speed will no longer be tied to extended mags, that trait will now be tied to standard stocks and sniper stocks
- Marksman Rifles will now take sniper stocks.
- Reduced the headshot multiplier for all LMGs from 2.0 to 1.75.
- Increased the limbshot multiplier for all LMGs from 0.75 to 0.85.
- Reduced handling time for all pistols by ~10% (Raise, Holster, Zoom In/Out time).
Prowler Burst PDW
- Time Between Burst increased from 0.2 to .24.
- Damage increased from 18 to 19.
- Hip Fire Spread back to season 8 pre-nerf values.
- Purple Mag Size increased from 50 to 55.
- Reintroducing the Disruptor Rounds which come equipped on a Supply Drop Alternator.
- Disruptor Rounds - Increase shield damage by 40%.
- Disruptor Rounds can ONLY be found on Alternators from the Supply Drop.
- Reload speed from stocks is increased.
- Lvl 1: 100 -> 150
- Lvl 2: 200 -> 250
- Lvl 3: 300 -> 350
- Lvl 1: 200 -> 150
- Base: 600 -> 500
- Base: 700 -> 600
- Lvl 1: 250 -> 200
- Lvl 2: 300 -> 200
- Lvl 3: 400 -> 450
- Base: 300 -> 350
- Base: 400 -> 350
- Base: 500 -> 350
- Knuckle Cluster: 75 -> 100
- Horizon's Gravity Lift starting charges reduced from 2 to 1
- Mirage's Psyche Out starting charges reduced from 3 to 2
- Bloodhound's free scans while in Beast of the Hunt reduced from 3 to 2
- Fixed an issue where Bloodhound’s tactical failed to highlight the enemy for the Bloodhound player while they used an emote.
- Enemy Legends now remain visible when performing Bloodhound’s “Tracking” Standing Emote at a higher elevation.
- Trident and Dropship audio should no longer be significantly dampened when Bloodhound is using their Ultimate.
- Corrected an audio issue with Gibraltars Dome Shield failing to make sound.
- The “Gentle Giant” skin will no longer obstruct the player’s view when aiming down sight with the 1x Holo Sight attached.
- Fixed some instances where the Dome Shield would disappear on placement and not get refunded to the player.
- Fixed cases where Lifeline’s VO still says “I’ve got you. Shields up” even when she no longer has a shield.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from using Lifeline’s Care Package in Training Mode.
- Pathfinder’s Grapple no longer stays connected when he’s killed while under Revenant’s Death Protection.
- Updated Pathfinder “Copper Core” legs so they now match in first-person view.
- Fixed an issue where Pathfinder’s Grapple cooldown audio cue replayed rapidly after deploying tactical in gameplay.
- Wraith should no longer be crushed by closing doors while her tactical is active.
- Wraith can no longer use her ultimate while attached to Valkyrie’s ultimate.
- Fixed a rare bug which allowed downed players to jump/bunny-hop after entering a Wraith Portal that was placed by a crouching Wraith.
- Fixed an issue causing Bangalore’s Smoke Launcher to disappear when moving away from other players with certain Legendary skins equipped.
- Solved a bug preventing Caustic barrels from making planting audio when they land in water.
- Caustic barrels tossed just before death should no longer disappear.
- Fixed a visual bug where the Caustic Heirloom pose has a model that disappears after the pose finishes playing during the previewer.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Caustic Barrels to be pushed into players, crushing them.
- Fuse’s Ultimate “Motherlode” is no longer destroyed if it interacts with Caustic gas.
- Wattson’s ult will no longer shoot down friendly Caustic barrels and ults.
- Players should no longer get a server error when attempting to purchase Caustic’s heirloom using Heirloom Shards from the “Heirloom” tab.
- Addressed an issue where Mirage’s invisible revive wouldn’t fully cloak teammates when certain skins were being worn.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to wedge an Octane jump pad between a supply bin to make the Trident faster.
- Fixed a visual bug where Octane’s goggles moved independently after using his tactical.
- Removed the beam of light that shoots into the sky every time Wattson places down her fence.
- Fixed the choppy preview video for Crypto’s “Drone Scan” in the “Finishers” tab.
- Arenas: Fixed a bug where Crypto’s Drone could be deployed and recalled infinite times when the user had only one charge available.
- Switch Only: Fixed a visual bug where Crypto’s position indicator while in his drone flickered near the top and left edge of the screen.
- Switch Only: The UI for Crypto’s tactical charges should no longer overlap with the recharging UI when his drone is destroyed in Arenas.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Drone from being able to detect enemies using Trident.
- Fixed a visual bug when the Heirloom appears to be floating in third-person when looking up and down inside the Gravity Lift.
- Placing a Death Totem too close to the edge of the map should no longer teleport players off the map when returning to the totem.
- Emote fix: Added the missing Silence Orb to Revenant’s “Suffering Silence” emote.
- Fixed some exploitable hiding spots reachable in Rift using Revenant.
- Fixed some cases when Revenant didn’t have horizontal movement animations when holding the heirloom.
- Lots of fixes across all maps to address issues with exploits, hiding spots, and inconsistencies with using Loba’s tactical.
- UI Fix: The ammo Count in Loba’s Black Market should now display correctly.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Rampart’s turret to be placed on Geyser.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to run faster after stowing a fully charged, chargeable weapon—this bug also caused the charged indicator in the UI to go away.
- Fixed an issue where Rampart’s wall would get stuck in an animation loop when hit by Caustic gas.
- Addressed some cases where Blackhole/NEWT wouldn’t appear when using Horizon’s Ultimate.
- Fixed an issue where a player’s weapon appears horizontally on the back while using a survey beacon.
- Fixed some cases causing Horizon Ultimate ability to be cancelled out when placed near a supply bin if the bin was opened during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue causing the Trident’s momentum and friction constraints to be modified by interacting with Horizon’s abilities.
- Addressed some cases where Horizon’s Ultimate ability active state persists after being destroyed.
- Addressed some cases where players could lose some functionalities after dropping with Fuse.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused part of Fuse’s body to pop up on the screen when toggling throw power after swapping grenades.
- Made a small change to address feedback that Valkyrie’s UI feels noisy when she first drops from the dropship.
- Fixed an edge case causing passengers on Valkyrie’s ult with bad ping to be reverted back to the ground in an unusual position.
- The Ultimate/Skydive Special UI and targeting will now update with colourblind settings
- Teammates should no longer be able to float around while being tethered to Valkyrie’s Ult by breaking the explosive hold.
- Fixed an issue where Valkyrie could be pushed into unintended areas by the Trident when using her ultimate ability.
- Addressed some cases where Missile Swarm wouldn’t cause damage when hitting a floating enemy Valkyrie in her lower half.
- Fixed some cases of the camera clipping through geo and environment while preparing to launch Valkyrie’s Ultimate.
- Fix for cases where Missile Swarm fails to track the moving train.
- The Kraber target should no longer appear on screen when ADS after using Valkyrie’s passive.
- Fixed an issue where players could still activate Valkyrie’s Tactical and Ultimate while under structures without the vertical clearance requirement.
- Fixed some cases where teammates could clip through walls and appear on the same side of Valkyrie while tethered to her Ultimate.
- Fixed an exploitable spot on Canyonlands where Valkyrie could reach an inaccessible area using her passive.
New Legend - Seer
This Seaon's Legend is called Seer.
With microdrones and an artist's eye, Seer spots opportunities that other Legends might miss, and seizes them in the most beautiful way he can.
This new Legend has come out of the blue and wasn't what many predicted.
- Passive: Heartseeker – While aiming down sights, Seer can hear the heartbeat of nearby legends, helping him discover their location.
- Tactical: Focus of Attention – Seer releases several minidrones and after a delay they mark all enemies in front of him, interrupting their use of healing items/revives and revealing their locations and health to Seer and his allies for 8 seconds.
- Ultimate: Exhibit – See throws out his heart chamber, which releases hundreds of mini drones that form a sphere. Enemies that move quickly or fire their weapons in the sphere are marked, revealing their locaitons and footsteps to Seer and his allies. Enemies can destroy the heart chamber by shooting and destroying it, in a similar manner to stopping Crypto and Horizon's ultimate abilities.
World's Edge Map Update
We're bot getting a new map, but instead an update to an existing one.
World's Edge is on the brink of some major changes - we know that Train Yard, Refinery and Sorting Factory are the focal points.
Train Yard appears to be looking more like a scrapyard than a Train Yard. Sorting Factory seems to have been largely submerged in lava and now features a tram system. Refinery has been reportedly destroyed with snow potentially falling across the area.
Train Yard POI
Arenas Map Changes
King's Canyon's Hillside, World's Edge's Dome and Olympus' Oasis will be three maps that exist in the Arenas playlist rotation alongside Phase Runner, Party Crasher and Overflow.
This is Rampart's newest invention. It has a "surprising" power source. It can destroy destructiles.
The Rampage sets itself apart from the other LMGs by being a slower but more powerful variation of the Spitfire, making it an ideal mid-range weapon. Similar to the Sentinel sniper rifle, the Rampage can be charged. But instead of using shield cells, the Rampage takes thermite grenades. Once charged, the Rampage fires much more quickly, making it a decent close-range threat.
The Battle Pass for Apex Legends Season 10 will feautre new Weapon and Character Skins, Holosprays, Skydive Emotes, Apex Coins, Apex Packs, Weapon Charms and much more.
You'll unlock new rewards each time you level up with over 100 tiers to work your way through.
You can also receive free rewards if you don't feel like buying the Premium Battle Pass! Last season, players received a free Valkyrie Character Skin, 7 Apex Packs, 12 Weapon Skins, Win Trackers for All Legends, Music Pack, 300 Apex Coins and more.
The Battle Pass for Season 10 will cost 950 Apex Coins. Or, you can purchase the Battle Pass Bundle for 2,800 Coins.
It's been confirmed that Ranked Arenas are finally arriving.
Prove yourself an Apex Predator in either Arenas or Battle Royale for the first time ever. Or show you're the ultimate Champion by conquering both.
Follow us for the latest updates!